Pages

Tuesday 27 January 2015

LUXURIOUS LIPS

If you are suffering from dry, chapped lips this winter, or anytime of year for that matter - do not look any further than this. Like all of us, I get horrendously dry lips at this time of year and I have a horrible habit of picking my lips until they are bleeding and sore (disgusting, I know). It's so ridiculous because dry lips are so easy to treat: the real key is preparation, good quality products and consistency. 

Preparation: For perfectly smooth lips, you have to first get rid of the layer of dead skin sitting on top. I personally use the Lush Lip Scrub, but realistically you could make a simple lip scrub yourself - have a quick google and check out some "recipes". This really is amazing and does get rid of the dead skin. It is quite messy so I would advise doing this at night before your take your shower. When you think about it, it does make sense - if you scrub off the dead cells then once you come to apply your lip treatment, it can really get to work on the parts that matter. You can buy the Lush Lip Scrub here for £5.50.




Good Quality Products: One of my all-time favourite lip products has got to be the Nuxe "Reve de Miel". This lip balm is unlike any other lip balm that I have used and is really thick in consistency, you only need a small amount but it makes your lips feel so nourished. The best way to use this is to apply before bed but I do carry it around in my handbag for those days when I have really dry lips. The texture does take some getting used to, especially if you are used to the likes of vaseline etc. This smells like chocolate orange which may not be everyone's cup of tea but I love it. You can buy it here for £9.50.




Another great one to deeply moisturise your lips is Papaw ointment/balm. I was first introduced to this by some of my family whilst we were out in Australia. This has so many uses and is so handy to keep in your handbag / make-up bag. You can use this on minor burns, sunburn, insect bites, cracked skin and nappy rash, it's really an amazing product and works a treat on dry lips. It is so affordable, especially for how much you get in a tube and you only have to use the smallest amount. You can buy it here for £6.95.





What are your must have lip products? Ditch the Vaseline and give these products a try, you won't look back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment