Pages

Wednesday 28 January 2015

BUDGET BEAUTY SERIES: LIPS

Following on from my recent post on taking care of your lips, I thought this would be the best topic for my next post in my Budget Beauty Series. There are so many amazing, affordable lip products on the market and these are just a handful of my favourites. 

Lipstick:

Rimmel lipsticks have always been great but when they released the "Lasting Finish by Kate" range, they really stepped up their game. These lipsticks are amazingly pigmented, come in a great range of colours and have really great staying power. The red lipstick below is from the Matte collection of lipsticks from within the range and is one of my favourite colours for a darker lip. The staying power is amazing and isn't too matte that it dry's out your lips.



16 (Spring Range) & 107 (Matte Range)


Revlon Super Lusterous Lipstick


These lipsticks are AMAZING quality and there is a pretty big selection of colours too. The colours are so vibrant and have a beautiful moisturising finish. Again, Black Cherry is one of my favourite dark lipsticks and is perfect for Autumn/Winter, whereas, Fire & Ice is an amazing orange toned red - perfect for the summer months paired with a simple eye look and tinted moisturiser.



720 Fire & Ice & 477 Black Cherry



Lip Stains:




Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stain's are much lighter in texture than some other lip stain's and can either be sheered out to a very minimal stain or can be built up for a much more intense look. This is great if you like quite a soft, smudged in lip look.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color
I must admit, I did just buy this purely because this is what Kim Kardashian wore on her wedding day (sliiightly obsessed with the Kardashian's).. but this really is a lovely product. This is a really moisturising stain/gloss that has really great staying power.

The Rimmel Apocalips are amazingly pigmented. The colour of these are so strong, if you love a bold lip - these are definitely for you. Rimmel have also released a matte range of the Apocalips, so it's worth checking them out if you prefer a matte finish.




015 Barcelona Nights, 601 Nude Ballet & 400 Big Bang


Lip Gloss:

Tanya Burr's lip gloss and nail varnish range launched back in 2014 and were immediately a huge hit. I was desperate to try them after all of the amazing reviews and as soon as I did, I knew these were going to be one of my all-time favourite lip glosses. I find it so hard to come across a lip gloss that I actually really like, so many are far too glittery/shimmery, have a sickly smell and are far too thick and gloopy. These lip glosses have an amazing, smooth consistency and don't feel too heavy on the lip either. They have a nice fruity smell that isn't overpowering and the range features a great selection of shades. They are currently on sale at Feel Unique here for £6.29.



Picnic in the Park & Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment